The original business located within Old Arizona's walls was called Twin City Scenic Company. Operating from 1895-1979, this historic scenic studio created theatrical products for Vaudeville and a variety of theatre productions, opera houses, fraternal organizations, educational auditoriums, civic events, and commercial venues. A fire in 1980 brought an end to the first chapter. Arizona Scenic, a company comprised of scenic painters from Arizona, rented a portion of the building in the early 80's and provided the television and film industry with backdrops and props until they filed bankruptcy and closed the doors. The building was abandoned, slid into advanced stages of disrepair and was referred to as that "old Arizona studio"... thus it's name.